Saturday, October 15, 2011

Melts like butter

Hi guys!!!
All week I have been wanting to make something savory. I got three sacks of flour the other week at a street food festival!

I was so excited. Since then I have made pancakes, empanadas, and now today:... Cheddar biscuts!!!
And I must say that they came out great. I made drop biscuts rather than cut them out I think it gives it more of a home made look. I got the recipe from All recipes dot com

2 cups flour
2 table spoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cut sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup butter milk
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt

If you don't have butter milk you can you 3/4 cut milk and add 2 table spoons of vinigar and let sit for 5 mins to "sour"
Mixing directions :
Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a bowl. Cut in frozen butter, until it looks like small peas. Then mix in cheddar cheese until blended.
Slowly pour in milk and mix well. Batter will be wet.
Now you can roll it out on a floured surface or create drop biscuts by just spooning mixture onto cookie sheet.
Makes 6 biscuts.
Bake at 425 for 15-18 mins. Checking at around 13 mins.
ENJOY!!!
You can even add a little honey when done.

Thanks ~ Tiara

No comments:

Post a Comment